Education Foundation Emergency Fund to Support the COVID-19 Outbreak
If you are a St. Vrain Valley Schools student/family (have at least 1 SVVSD student in your immediate family), staff member (full-time/part-time teacher, para-professional, secretary, custodian, etc) and need basic needs assistance (see below for examples) you may go to the OUR Center’s website, call at 303-772-5529, or email at email@example.com. *Please let them know you are with St. Vrain Valley Schools!
The Education Foundation for the St. Vrain Valley’s mission is Student Success and Teacher Excellence. We want to ensure that our students, teachers and their families have the support they need during these unfamiliar, evolving and complex times. The Education Foundation created an Emergency Fund to help support our St. Vrain Valley School District community. 100% of all donations received for the Education Foundation Emergency Fund will be directed to support these efforts. We understand that during these difficult times families are going to be forced to make tough decisions to survive. These decisions will most certainly have an impact on the entire family, including students and teachers. To our staff and board of directors, Student Success means making sure that all students have what they need to continue their education at home should schools remain closed for a long period of time. Teacher Excellence means making sure our teachers have what they need as they transition to teaching via the school district’s online instructional learning plan.
In the short term, we want to make sure that families have the support they need to make ends meet and help alleviate the stress of providing for basic needs. We are working with our community partners including the OUR Center and A Women’s Work to meet these needs of our St. Vrain Valley families.
Included in the areas of focus are:
- School Supplies – We are activating our Crayons to Calculator program and working with the school district to make sure that St. Vrain Valley students have the school supplies they need to start online and remote learning.
- Mortgage and Rent Assistance – If a family is not able to pay all or part of their mortgage or rent because they are not able to work due to COVID-19.
- Utility Assistance – If a family is not able to pay all or part of their utilities because they are not able to work due to COVID-19.
- Medical Expense Assistance – If a family is not able to pay for medicine for their student because they are not able to work due to COVID-19.
- Other Assistance – If a family has another urgent request they need assistance with because they are not able to work due to COVID-19.
In the long term, we will work with teachers and the school district to provide Teacher Innovation Grants to continue supporting the outstanding innovation and creativity of our teachers to engage students in their learning during these difficult times.
100% of all donations received for the Education Foundation Emergency Fund will be directed to support these efforts.
Thank you for your support of the Education Foundation Emergency Fund!
Need More Information?
If you have questions or need assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-652-8208.
As you know St. Vrain Valley Schools are closed through April 30, 2020 per the executive order issued by Governor Jared Polis. District leadership will continue to monitor the situation and updates will be provided on their website. Visit http://svvsd.org/coronavirus for more information from the school district.