St. Vrain Valley Gala
This annual event brings together business and community partners to raise funds in support of the Foundations mission to support student success and teacher excellence. This signature event is held in November. We have a few different opportunities to help with the gala.
- Planning Committee – This committee meets monthly starting in June and then bi-weekly or weekly as the event gets closer.
- Event Volunteers – Help us the day of the event with setting up for the event, event logistics or event clean-up.
Tribute to Teachers
This awards program provides the opportunity for students, parents, volunteers, fellow educators, school staff, community members and business partners to recognize and honor individual teachers at the Pre-K – 12th grade levels in the St. Vrain Valley Schools who exemplify excellence in teaching. By paying tribute to teachers who have an extraordinary impact on the achievements of students, the Education Foundation and the community hope to honor the accomplishments of all teachers. There are a few different opportunities to help with this program.
- Planning Committee – This committee meets monthly starting in December and then bi-weekly or weekly as the event gets closer.
- Nomination Review Committee – This committee meets one or two night in late February or early March to review the Teacher of the Year nominations for teachers from 57 schools or programs, narrowing those nominations down to 2 finalists and the Teacher of the Year for each school.
- Event Volunteers – Help us the day of the event with setting up for the event, guest check-in or event clean-up.
The Foundation awards nearly $65,000 of scholarships to St. Vrain Valley high school graduates each spring. We need volunteers to review all applications through our online application portal in March and April. This committee of volunteers will meet one evening to review the top candidates for each scholarship and select the awardee.
Teacher Innovation Grants
The Education Foundation provides grants to teachers for projects which support the District’s strategic direction, supplement standard curriculum and enhance efforts to meet student learning needs within St. Vrain Valley Schools. A volunteer review committee will convene in October to review and award the grants. This review process usually happens over two evenings.
The Sunrise Stampede is a family-oriented 10K or 2-mile run/walk that raises funds to support Teacher Innovation Grants for students with special needs in St. Vrain Valley Schools.
- Planning Committee – This committee meets monthly starting in March and then bi-weekly or weekly as the event gets closer.
- Event Day Volunteers – Help us the day of the event with course logistics, participant check-in, course ambassadors, Sponsors alley set up and many more tasks.
Crayons to Calculators
With every new school year, the Education Foundation for the St. Vrain Valley partners with Impact on Education to provide school supplies for the many students in need within our district. In 2019, the Foundation’s amazing volunteers stuffed over 5,000 backpacks, all of which were sent out to schools in St. Vrain Valley.